Yoga Alliance Certified Children & Teen Yoga Teacher Training
A Yoga Teacher Training Course with Our Luminous Minds for Children and Teens
Become a fully qualified Yoga Teacher for Children and Teens with our Yoga Alliance accredited 95-hour Training Course (RCYT).
Join us across 3 weekends in September and October at Evendons Primary School to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to children and teens. Our unique trauma-informed curriculum is a mixture of online modules and live interactive sessions making this a more flexible option for our busy lives.
Equip children with a variety of tools to support their physical and mental health through a wide range of modules that bring the magic of yoga to life. Play, art, movement, stillness and connection are key to my training; If you would like to learn to teach yoga and want to find out more about how I use these in this course contact Nicole to register your interest.
“This was exactly what I was hoping for! This is one of the most useful and inspiring courses I have been on in years.” – Louise, Early Years Educator
For more curriculum and further information, see below.
"The most well thought and complete Yoga Teacher Training I have ever attended. Every day, you will learn by experiencing each type of class and by practising/teaching what you have learned." – Marine, Parent.
Our courses are led by Nicole Asghar, founder of Our Luminous Minds. More dates and locations to follow.
95 Hour RCYT this Autumn (2022), held at Evendons Primary School, Wokingham Berkshire
17/09 and 18/09
01/10 and 02/10
These dates are for Module 1 which is a stand-alone 45-hour training course. To complete the full 95-hour training, Module 2 is available to take online as a self-paced course. Please see below for price packages for these different options and get in touch to discuss which course may suit you best.
A Fully Registered Course with The Yoga Alliance
This 95 Hour yoga training course is registered with The Yoga Alliance and will qualify you to teach yoga to children and adolescents, in groups, therapeutic 1-1 settings, or at home.
Nicole provides a trauma-informed course that compliments the work of various professionals. Her extensive training in psychology, counselling and therapeutic yoga will ensure this training is an up-to-date reflection of issues encountered by teachers, parents and other professionals. Her experience in working with neurodiversity, disordered eating and childhood anxiety ensures this training meets the complex needs of our young people today.
Our unique curriculum is a mixture of online modules and live interactive sessions, making this a more flexible option. We will embark on new and exciting experiences for a whole week - we'll laugh, play, learn, think, and create.
Using interactive workshops, group discussions, experiential activities, and my knowledge of child psychology, therapeutic approaches and Trauma-Informed practices, we will explore:
- A range of classic and more creative, age-appropriate yoga poses and sequences, and how to teach these to each age group in interactive and engaging ways
- Yoga and mindfulness games, interactive storytelling, yoga journeys, breathwork, and activities for various age groups, abilities, and interests.
- ·Information and Techniques that promote body acceptance, intuitive eating and movement for teens.
- Yoga for Autism, ADHD, Sensory Disorders, trauma, and social-emotional mental health, and how to effectively use yoga for each of these neurodiversities.
- Therapeutic and nurturing yoga techniques for all children of all ages, their families and caregivers.
- ·Creative mindfulness activities to enhance children's self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Therapeutic Yoga for Teen Anxiety to enable you to fully support young people through these challenging years with specific yoga and meditation practices.
- Challenging poses for Tweens & Teens so that you can safely, and creatively teach empowering poses to this age group.
- Behaviour management in the yoga class so that you can feel confident to manage a group of children, in a positive and playful manner that enhances their social and behaviour skills.
- Educational Philosophy and teaching methodologies will enable you to tailor your classes to meet children’s learning styles and needs.
- Yoga philosophy and practices bring to life the teachings of Hindu Mythology, the Chakra System, and The 8 Limbs of Yoga in a relevant and practical way for children of all ages.
- The Business of Yoga: Practical, effective and actionable strategies to get your children and teen classes set up for success, right away!
If you are looking for ways to help, learn and care for the wellbeing of children and teens, this is the course for you!
“Nicole goes above and beyond for everyone she meets. Nicole has provided excellent training for our staff and has helped us all with our wellbeing too. I cannot recommend her enough.” – Katrice, Special Educational Needs Teacher
Module 1 (45 Hour Course)
Early Bird Price: £750 (Available until July 10th) Full Price: £850
Module 2 (50 Hours - Online)
Module 2 is optional but needed to gain the 95 Hour RCYT qualification and can be booked up until Autumn 2023.
Book Modules 1 & 2 Together and Save £200! (95h RCYT - Usually £1,600)
AND Gain Access to Divine Light Yoga's 'Kids Yoga Start-Up Kit' (worth £160) and Our Luminous Mind's Meditation Program (worth £60)
Early Bird Price: £1,300
Full Price: £1,400